Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oink Oink

Do you ever wake up in the morning and think, "Gee, I wish I could have some crispy PIG FAT for breakfast!"

If so, you are in good company. Bacon is an American staple. Eat it plain, eat it with eggs, put it on a sandwich, sprinkle it on a salad...everyone loves bacon!



Except me. I have a very strong disdain for all things bacon.

It's just so...greasy. And nasty. And it smells very powerfully. I can't stand how you can smell bacon on people's clothing. It's just disgusting!

But you know, who cares about cholesterol? Sodium? Cruelty to pigs? I'm just kidding, I do eat meat. But why worry about these things when you can pile more bacon onto your food?

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I found a BLT cocktail recipe at Bacon Unwrapped.

Is there nothing sacred in this world? I mean, really. Blech.

6 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you how smart pigs are? :-)
    I love pigs. I also love bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to find a nice jewish boy, then you won't have to smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could have a pound of bacon every morning for breakfast and not have a massive coronary, I would definitely do that.

    The lingering smell after cooking bacon, though? Nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is bacon really pig fat??? That does make it less appetizing, but it still is very tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did melissa seriously ask if bacon is really pig fat?

    Man, how I love bacon. If you get it really crispy and then sit it on a towel, it is not greasy...just crispy crunchy piggy delicousness.

    Have you tried turkey bacon? It's pretty good and not greasy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta say, I love bacon too...Who doesn't love bacon? Oh yeah that is why this is called tales of a troubled eater, LOL.

    ReplyDelete