Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No avoiding smellin' that melon!


I'm about to break hearts all over the place. I don't like melons. Honestly, I can't even say that I don't like the taste, because I don't even remember the last time I ate any type of melon. My problem with melons is that they smell so vile that I can't be near them. Ask my mom. I'll say "Keep that plate on the other side of the table." They are so fragrant it almost kills me.

The worst part is, apparently melon is a pleasurable smell to the rest of the world. How many cucumber melon candles and body sprays can exist on one planet? A LOT, I am here to tell you. So everywhere I go, I have to talk myself out of spewing on the spot. The smell...oh the smell.

Barf.

Doing research about melons, I found out that they all fall under the "muskmelon" category. My grandma calls them muskmelons. I thought she was crazy. Apparently, she is not. But throwing the word "musk" in front of "melon" for a person who already finds the melon smell positively horrific does not help me. At all!

So please. Keep that plate away from me.

1 comment:

  1. Cantelops are melons, right? I think they are super stinky. yuck. I've always hated the smell. I guess I had a brief lapse in judgement when I was in the hospital after having Charlotte. They were mixed in with good fruit and since they had already tainted it, I thought I'd try it. It wasn't bad. However, I have not had any since, nor have I been inclined to buy them at the store.

    didn't know about the 'muskmelon' thing...thanks for helping me learn something new :)

    ReplyDelete