Thursday, September 17, 2009

As if it Wasn't Bad Enough


I never understand the appeal of "fair food." How does a Snickers bar on a stick, fried, taste better? Why do you want to eat chocolate covered bacon? Why put any food on a stick, actually? And don't even get me started on deep frying everything.

So then, someone sends me an article that sent shivers down my spine. I could feel my arteries blocking just reading about it. Apparently, there's a new food sweeping the fair circuit in Texas.

Presenting...deep fried butter.

Why? Why, dear God, why? I don't even understand. I really don't.

Then again, I was in Texas in March at a grocery store, and I noticed that they have a "Breakfast Meats" section. I've never seen that in my life. Apparently, breakfast meats are popular! Don't mess with their fatty foods (no offense, Texans! I have fodder for all kinds of states, not just Texas).

Sounds like a good breakfast to me - breakfast meats with a side of fried butter.

(Warning: This video, while hilarious, contains some strong language. About sausage. Sigh.)

4 comments:

  1. I must admit I tried deep fried Oreos...and they were really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will we do? They have RUINED my breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the stick butter? That's disgusting! It reminds me of the sunscreen in a tube!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to guest blog about jello.

    ReplyDelete