Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Horrible Meal

I'd like to take some time to focus on not just foods that I don't like, but truly horrible recipes. I can't wait to hear what recipes you hate. But first, let's whet your appetite with a well balanced meal.

Do you ever think "Gee, what should I cook for dinner? I know what I want. Something that tastes funny, is full of sodium, and will kill me from a fat overdose?"

Well have no fear, the DUGGAR FAMILY is here! These are the people that have a bazillion kids and are willing to pimp them out for a buck or two. Who needs good nutrition when you can just keeping having babies?



Mmm. Doesn't it look so...pale and...soggy? Yum, yum.

This is just one image of a delightful main course called TATER TOT CASSEROLE. I don't know about you, but many a time I've found myself thinking "Man, I wish I could mix up some turkey meat, some cream of mushroom soup, some cream of chicken soup, and some tater tots together. What a killer combo!" (Actually, I've heard of this being served with peas mixed in, too.) So how happy am I that the Duggars have posted the recipe for me to try? Here it is:

TATER TOT CASSEROLE
2 lb ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained
3 2lb bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken
Brown meat & place in large cass. dish.
Cover with tater tots. Mix soup & milk together.
Pour over top. Bake at 350 for 1 Hour.
(One of Daddy’s Favorites!) Makes 2- 9”X13” pans

Oh yes...that looks positively scrumptious. Thanks, Daddy, for sharing.

But this meal is not over yet! Oh, no! My cousin would kill me for leaving out the best part. This is a dessert I just know she's dying to make. I can't quite locate a picture of this beauty, but trust me, it has it all... caffeine, sugar, fat, and high fructose corn syrup! Guaranteed to keep 18 children up all night long!


LAYERED ICE CREAM CAKE
Makes a 9”x 13” Pan
24 Ice cream sandwiches
8 oz. Cool Whip™
1 Hershey’s™ chocolate syrup bottle
1 Smuckers™ caramel syrup bottle
2 king size Butterfinger™ candy bars chopped up
1st layer -12 ice cream sandwiches
2nd – half of whipped cream
3rd - half of Butterfinger™ bars, Squeeze 1/2 of caramel &
chocolate over that.
4th - rest of ice cream sandwiches
5th – Cool Whip™
6th - rest of Butterfinger™, caramel & chocolate
You can freeze this and eat as desired! Yummy! Yummy!

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm ready to dig in! What are some recipes that you just can't stand the taste, or thought, of?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that one looks horrifying. That tater tot casserole, I mean. When we had The Child, a bunch of families got together and gave us a couple meals a week for a while. About five of those meals were tater tot casserole. And THOSE were pretty good. One was probably even really healthy (it was more like a potato-vegetable casserole than lots-of-cream-soups-and-artery-cloggers-and-congealed-grossness casserole). So not all tater tot casseroles are created equal. This one looks like it was created in my toilet. Blaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super disgusting. I can't believe that is anyone's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so hilarious! And just reading the recipe makes me a little queasy!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. You forgot to put how she-who-must-not-be-named made you eat this once. Of course she also made us eat the breaded tomatoes . . .

    ReplyDelete